Thoughts...

I just turned 36 on the 19th, and even though my birthday is usually just a number, I've found myself thinking a lot lately.  During that thinking, realized that I don't have to wonder what I want to do when I grow up.  #1, I am grown up! lol  Ok, not old yet, but grown up anyway...  #2, I AM doing what I want to do for the rest of my life!

Me being an Advocate is not just something that I'm going to do for a time, but something I plan on doing for the rest of my life.  I'm on a mission, and that wont stop until the day I die, which I hope and pray is far in the future, have too much to do to die before then.

Sometimes, life has a way to take us with it, instead of us being able to grab hold and guide it.  I've found that many times, if we give it some slack, life guides us into things that we never thought we'd ever be doing, and sometimes if we let it too loose, we loose control.  I've given the reigns over to God, knowing that He'll guide me where He wants me, and a good thing that it's what I want to do as well!

Watching the Inauguration of Barack Obama, I was totally impressed with the speech that he gave, not from a piece of paper, but from his heart.  In him, I saw Martin Luther King, Jr., and it has given me so much hope for the future!  Something that he's been saying we all need, and that sorely so.  I'm hoping that we finally have a president that will understand and fight against the oppression that Victims, Survivors, and NCM's go through daily.  I hope that the change he promises will also include them, because if something doesn't change from the top down, we are going to loose too many more, and 1 more is more then enough...

So many things around me are making me think harder about what it is that UAADV should be doing, and I think that we are on the right path, but there's so many more things that can be done, and needs to be done.  We NEED to start a revolution, not just Survivors, not just Advocates, but Society.  Enough is ENOUGH, and I'm hoping this year is the year that it's fully understood.....

0 comments: