Shedding the worry.............

While I write up information for Le Chrysalis (which will be updated this weekend), I find myself wondering if I sound professional enough, or coming across right.  You know what?  I'm going to stop worrying about it!  I'm a Survivor, and the whole reason for Le Chrysalis is to reach out to Survivors, and let's face it, they have enough professionals to connect to for support.  So, in talking with a good friend of mine, I'm just going to be me on the UAADV Blogs, and Le Chrysalis.  Who am I trying to impress?  No One!  I am who I am, and if someone decides to not read what I write because they don't like the style I write in, there's plenty of others to read.

This has been something that I've dealt with since Founding UAADV.  I'm not a professional, and truthfully, never want to act like one.  I've decided to not even worry about how others view me because of the way I write, didn't I have enough judgement and worry while with my abusers?

It's interesting, but in so many ways I'm still seeing small things that I see come from my abuse.  While I feel that I'm a Survivor, and an Overcomer, I do see small triggers and issues that I still have that come from my years of abuse.  Let's face it, the healing from the abuse takes a life time, but thankfully we do get better with time.

0 comments: